Cuill Twiceler [Bot]

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
robotoil
Giant

Cuill Twiceler [Bot]

Post by robotoil »

I tried Googling this thing and went to the official web site. Anyone have any idea what type of information this bot specializes in?
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Not a clue. Looks like a new venture of some sort. I noticed it spider-ing the site a week or two ago (as a "guest"). It wasn't a logged phpBB bot, so I added it to the system to keep from throwing the stats off. It's been here almost constantly since it found us.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Thanks for the link. I read it and the links that were included there as well, just to broaden the perspective. Some think the new bot is bad, some wonder why people are complaining. I especially thought the "other bots masquerading as ours" was interesting: http://thefurden.com/bbden/viewtopic.php?p=60512#60512

Created by former Google employees, some are saying it's bot teething pains, others are saying it's just playing catch up. I haven't noticed it slowing down or crashing the site, but Adam would be the one to look into bandwidth usage (but I can't imagine it's any more or less than GoogleBot). I wonder how high we'll be in their index. :D
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
rhombus_77
Giant

Re:

Post by rhombus_77 »

admonkey wrote:Thanks for the link. I read it and the links that were included there as well, just to broaden the perspective. Some think the new bot is bad, some wonder why people are complaining. I especially thought the "other bots masquerading as ours" was interesting: http://thefurden.com/bbden/viewtopic.php?p=60512#60512

Created by former Google employees, some are saying it's bot teething pains, others are saying it's just playing catch up. I haven't noticed it slowing down or crashing the site, but Adam would be the one to look into bandwidth usage (but I can't imagine it's any more or less than GoogleBot). I wonder how high we'll be in their index. :D

That is crazy! I also liked, "obey robots.txt"
jshea
Propaganda Engineer

Post by jshea »

noverflow
I think I started this

Re:

Post by noverflow »

Yeah, no jump in bandwidth.

admonkey wrote:Thanks for the link. I read it and the links that were included there as well, just to broaden the perspective. Some think the new bot is bad, some wonder why people are complaining. I especially thought the "other bots masquerading as ours" was interesting: http://thefurden.com/bbden/viewtopic.php?p=60512#60512

I really hate PMs. Please just email me.