Evan Hecox

Other Artists? We got 'em right here.
Solar
Giant

Re: Evan Hecox

Post by Solar »

It sold for around $750 on ebay maybe 6 months ago. Wonder if it's the same seller or if the buyer put it back up.
erne
Punk

Post by erne »

anyone know what happened to the Hecox prints on Arkitip's site...seem to have vanished??
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

erne wrote:anyone know what happened to the Hecox prints on Arkitip's site...seem to have vanished??
i asked the same question in the thread about arkitip not shipping to subscribers. seems odd. they either removed all hecox because of the 50% off sale or he bailed on them (which based on their customer service track record and ruining his demand by doubling the edition sizes while also increasing print costs, i wouldn't blame him if he did).
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Agree with all that. And, would not be surprised in the least if Hecox moved over to BLK/MRKT Gallery. Just a guess.
Stone Age
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Stone Age »

Dunno about that, last I saw they had reduced his stuff to half off.
reuab
Punk

Post by reuab »

One of my friends had ordered a couple of the Arkitip mag's from the 50% off sale, and I ordered pretty much the same ones he did. We ordered them the same night, he lives about 30 mins away in NJ and I live in NY and he got his last week while I haven't gotten mine yet. Being paranoid as I am, I had emailed Arkitip asking what was going on since I didn't receive any tracking numbers or anything since my friend got his stuff before me. At the end of the email I very politely asked why all of his prints went missing on the site because I was planning on buying another one. They got back to me and this was their exact words:

"Unfortunately our contract with Hecox is up so we are no longer selling the prints. If you have not done so you should sign up for our eList, if we ever started selling the prints again this would be the best way to find out about it."

I hope that clears things up.
wiredbeans
Propaganda Engineer

Post by wiredbeans »

just in case- received email from BLK/MRKT that sale ends tonight and Black Sunset by Hecox is $75.
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

Anyone know how much the new Evan Hecox print (Five Boroughs) is from Joshua Liner Gallery?
displaced bear
Propaganda Engineer

Post by displaced bear »

PDC wrote:Anyone know how much the new Evan Hecox print (Five Boroughs) is from Joshua Liner Gallery?
$500

info on the site http://joshualinergallery.com/booksande ... _boroughs/
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

displaced bear wrote:
PDC wrote:Anyone know how much the new Evan Hecox print (Five Boroughs) is from Joshua Liner Gallery?
$500

info on the site http://joshualinergallery.com/booksande ... _boroughs/

Thanks.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Evan Hecox released two new prints on his site, both are $125:

NAVY YARD LOUNGE

2012, 16" x 20", 4-color screen print on Cougar Natural, 100lb. paper, edition of 100, signed and numbered by the artist.
Printed by Sonnenzimmer.
http://www.evanhecox.com/page/shop/id/2 ... rd-lounge/

99 CENT DREAMS

2012, 16" x 20", 4-color screen print on Cougar Natural, 100lb. paper, edition of 100, signed and numbered by the artist.
Printed by Sonnenzimmer.
http://www.evanhecox.com/page/shop/id/2 ... nt-dreams/

wiredbeans
Propaganda Engineer

Post by wiredbeans »

thank you fribhey! I would have missed this for sure.
went with 99cent dreams. yay!
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

dope! hope these are up a bit, need to scrape up a couple of bucks
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Rocky Start? Colorado Adopts A New State Logo, With A Few Bumps
http://www.fastcodesign.com/3017119/roc ... -few-bumps
Governor John Hickenlooper launched his “Making Colorado” campaign, amassing a team of 12 Colorado-based designers and writers to produce three new logos. The winner, by illustrator and graphic designer Evan Hecox, was chosen at the end of August for immediate state branding use. The new logo is proving to be a tough sell among Coloradans at the moment, but, as is often the case when someone changes a beloved identity, Hecox thinks the naysayers will come around after the initial adjustment period.

“What Colorado actually needed was a specific logo that could be controlled,” Hecox tells Co.Design. “The new brand is a registered trademark that cannot be used without express permission from the State of Colorado.”

Hecox’s design, which he arrived at with the aid of his collaborators, took inspiration from another Colorado icon--the state's alpine-themed license plates, in graphic white and green. The triangular shape of the new logo brings to mind a road sign, if the centers of road signs were occupied by snowy mountain peaks. The silhouetted mountain image is foregrounded by the state abbreviation “CO,” in a typeface that matches that of the original celebrated-but-pirated C.